By Chef: Tess Masters
Posted: July 30, 2012
You have certainly lucked out now that you’ve stumbled upon this scrumptious lemon cheesecake smoothie recipe by Tess Masters! It is thick, rich, and can even be turned into a pie filling by adding soaked chia seeds to further condense the texture. It is creamy, vanilla lemon bliss in a glass! Tess says, “this raw vegan lemon smoothie tastes just like a melted cheesecake in a glass! You will never guess this is dairy free. It is smooth, creamy, rich, and decadent. This recipe yields one 8-ounce glass. But I like to serve it in shot glasses for dessert and share it with friends.”
Yield: 8 oz
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup raw chopped pitted dates
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup lemon flesh (1 whole small lemon) peeled and pips removed
- 1 medium banana (fresh or frozen)
- 5 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Sprout Living Epic Protein Vanilla Lucuma Powder (*optional)
- 1 tsp non alcoholic vanilla extract
- ½ tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- pinch Celtic sea salt
1) Place all ingredients in your high-speed blender (I use a Vitamix) and puree until smooth and creamy.
2) Tweak flavours and ice to taste.
Devour! Oink Oink 🙂
You could also thicken this with chia seeds and make a raw vegan lemon cheesecake pudding. YUMMO!