By Chef: Laura Peill
Posted: December 1, 2016
Healthy, gingerbread cookies made using raw ingredients and no refined sugar. The perfect, signature gingerbread flavour without the unwanted fat and sugar.
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 2 cups almonds
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until the mixture forms into a ball. Add in additional water 1 tablespoon at a time, if the mixture isn’t coming together well.
- Continue to blend until the mixture turns dark and you can’t see many of the nut pieces remaining.
- Roll out between two pieces of baking paper to about 1 centimeter thick, and then use your choice of cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
*If you don’t want to make cookies, you can also simply roll the mixture into energy bites or bars!