By Chef: Shannon Leparski
Posted: December 29, 2016
Chewy, doughy and soft with all the gingerbread flavor. These mini delights are an oil-free, healthy dessert (with a higher protein option!) that come together in all of 9-10 minutes. Health + convenience + sweet tooth satisfaction = the perfect trifecta. For a low sugar frosting alternative try drizzling gently melted coconut butter over the top. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 cup vegan protein powder (plain or vanilla flavor; or can sub for more flour)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup molasses (or brown rice syrup) (RFR tip: or coconut nectar!)
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, protein powder, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine molasses and almond butter; mix until combined. Then pour in almond milk and gently heat on the stovetop in a small pan until warmed, to easily stir together.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix. Mixture will seem dry but keep mixing; it will come together in a big mound.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons and form a ball with your hands. Flatten it out a couple times before rolling into a ball to get it nice and sticky. Finish rolling into balls until mixture is gone.