By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: April 8, 2015
OMGoodness, you simply must give these away to the neighbors before they are all devoured! Yep, they’re that good. Try this amazing recipe by Erin Bosdet of Simply Dish.
Crust & Topping…
- 1c of unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2c (plus 1/4c for after processing) of GF oats
- 1/2c of pecans or walnuts
- 1/4c of soaked, pitted dates
- 1/4c of coconut oil
- 1c of soaked dates, 1 heaping tablespoon of coconut oil
- Process all of the above in your food processor, except for the extra quarter cup of oats…
- once everything is well combined, transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the remaining oats.
- Take half of that mixture and press it into a parchment lined loaf pan.
- Strain the soaked dates to remove all of the excess liquid…, no need to squeeze them though., Place them into your food processor with the coconut oil and process until smooth. Spread over the top of your crust and then cover with the remaining coconut/oat mixture. Press firmly so that it all comes together and place in the fridge for at least four hours.