By Chef: Jodi Burke
Posted: June 14, 2014
Try your hand at zucchini noodles and say goodbye to wheat-based pasta for good! You will love the taste and texture achieved with this delicious and satisfying recipe for a raw and gluten-free creamy basil alfredo by Jodi Burke.
- 1 large Zucchini or two small, spiralized with a spirooli slicer .
Raw Creamy Basil Sauce
- 1 cup Cashews
- juice of 1/2 Lemon
- pinch Himalayan Sea Salt
- fresh ground Pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- approx 6- 7 bigger Basil Leaves (more if you prefer)
- 1/2 – 1 cup Water
1. Throw all sauce ingredients in Vita mix or Blender with about 1/4 cup water, slowly adding more water until the desire consistency you prefer is met (more water will create a thinner sauce, less water it will be thicker)
2. Finely chop 2- 4 basil leaves and stir into the mixture or add in and pulse lightly once or twice.
3. Pour the sauce over the noodles and enjoy.
If everything comes right out of the fridge it will be colder, you can leave things out for a little bit to get more of a room temp.