By Chef: Justin and Heidi Ohlander
Posted: September 29, 2010
A raw, tart/sweet take on a traditional Thanksgiving Day dish.
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 dates
- Juice of two oranges
- 1 small thumb of fresh ginger, chopped or grated
- 1/4 cup Goji Berries, soaked 4-12 hours in approx. 1/2 cup pure water
- Maple Syrup, Raw Honey, or other sweetener, to taste
- Soak the cranberries in fresh water, remove the ones that don’t look so good, and rinse with fresh water.
- Place cranberries in food processor with “S” blade, and pulse until you reach desired consistency.
- Transfer the cranberries in a medium size bowl, add orange juice, and set aside.
- Place goji berries with soaking water, dates, chopped ginger and some maple syrup in food processor and process until it becomesa sauce.
- Add ¼ of the chopped cranberries into the food processor and pulse until mixed.
- Transfer contents of food processor into the mixing bowl with cranberries and stir until mixed.
- Add sweetener of your choice until it reaches a sweet enough flavor. Enjoy!
Shelf Life: Keeps up to 5 days in the fridge if sealed in a tight container. You can make this ahead of time!