By Chef: Amie Sue
Posted: May 29, 2015
These donuts can be enjoyed right away!The cranberries add a wonderful sweet, chewiness to the donut, and the pumpkin spice skids in under the radar offering up a warming flavor note. This recipe is taste wise and health wise!
- 1 1/2 cups dried coconut, fresh ground
- 2 cup raw almonds, soaked & dehydrated
- 1/4 cup raw coconut flour
- 1/3 cup raw coconut crystals
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2-4 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the coconut in the food process, fitted with the “S” blade. Process until it breaks down to a small crumble. Pour into a medium sized bowl. Do this same process with the almonds.
- Add to the bowl; coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the date paste, coconut oil, cranberries and vanilla. With your hands, mix the batter together. If the batter doesn’t stick together well when pinched, add 1 Tbsp of water at a time, until it does so.
- With a 2 Tbsp ice cream scoop, level off each portion and roll into a ball. Flatted the ball on a cutting board. Using a small cookie cutter, remove the center… creating a donut hole! 🙂 Now you have your donut shape.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees (F) for 4 hours to dry the outside, leaving the inside moist.
- OR… skip the drying process, enjoy right away or place in the fridge for a few hours to chill and firm up.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter (if dehydrated) or in the fridge.