By Chef: Selene Vakharia
Posted: September 14, 2012
The best raw food recipes are often the easiest to make! This is a staple recipe because it is SO healthy, involves lots of greens and veggies, and comes together in mere moments. The marinade is a classic blend of ginger, sesame, tamari and lemon juice. It is used to both marinate the mushrooms and also as a dipping sauce for your wraps. You can add in tahini or almond butter to the sauce if you would like a thicker, creamier consistency. 1 large collard leaf will usually yield enough for two smaller wraps once de-stemmed. Create as many wraps as you feel called to make!
- Collard greens, de-stemmed
- shitake mushroom caps, sliced, marinated
- snow peas, cut into strips
- carrots, julienned
- napa cabbage, cut into strips
- cucumber, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, derooted, minced
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
1) De-stem your collards and prepare your veggies by thinly slicing into strips
1) Marinate the mushrooms for 15-30 min. Squeeze out excess marinate back into bowl and set marinate aside.
2) Put ingredients in the middle of the collard leaf and roll. Wrap and secure the roll with a strip of seaweed.
Use marinate for dipping. For a richer sauce, add in some nut butter or tahini.