By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: January 30, 2014
This crunchy and sweet cinnamon pecan granola by Heather Pace of Sweetly Raw makes a delicious and satisfying breakfast or energy-rich snack anytime of the day! Try it with fresh almond milk poured over the top, an additional dash of cinnamon spice, and fresh fruit such as apples, pears, pineapple or berries. Enjoy!
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats, soaked 2-4 hours
- 1 cup pecans, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pinches himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2-4 medjool dates, chopped small
1. Rinse the buckwheat really well after soaking it, until the water runs clear (important or it will taste bad).
2. Drain and rinse the nuts and seeds.
3. Roughly chop the pecans.
4. Toss all ingredients together, adding the coconut oil last.
5. Spread the granola on 2 teflex lined dehydrator sheets. Dehydrate at 145F for 1 hour and then 115F for 30 hours, or until dry and crunchy.
Store in a sealed container or zip lock bag.