By Chef: Heidi Turunen
December 20, 2016
This festive Raw Christmas Fruit Cake is fruity, nutty and deliciously rich. It’s great alternative to traditional baked Christmas cake and so easy to make. It’s dense with dried fruit and nuts and has the most amazing chewy and crunchy texture.
- 2 cups dates
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 cup organic dried fruit mix
- 1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Place all the ingredients, except dried fruit mix and cranberries, into a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Add dried fruit mix and dried cranberries in the bowl with the raw Christmas fruit cake mix and mix them in by hand.
- Firmly press the mixture into square lined cake tin and place in the fridge to set for at least two hours.
- Once the raw Christmas fruit cake feels firm enough to cut, cut it into squares and serve. Enjoy!