By Chef: Nadia Al
Posted: November 30, 2015
Made using dates, cashews, almond butter, coconut oil and cocoa powder – such a simple recipe and list of ingredients but the end result is unbelievably good! It’s impossible to eat only one! These raw chocolate & nut energy bites are also vegan, gluten free, dairy free, high in healthy fats, protein and contain no added sugar. This recipe makes for a healthy and fuss free option if you’re the type to need a little sweet tooth fix after a meal or midday as a treat. These are healthy enough to have for breakfast with your morning coffee or tea!
- 2 cups (300g) dates
- 1 cup (130g) raw cashews
- 1/3 cup (5 tbsp) almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend for a few minutes. First you’ll have a crumbly mixture but as you continue to blend this will turn into a sticky dough that hold together when forming into a ball.
- Roll the mixture between your hands into little balls. You can either leave them as they are or coat them with things like crushed nuts, coconut, cocoa, cinnamon…etc
- Place in the fridge and leave them to chill for an hour or so.
*Because it’s cold where I am at the moment, I prefer storing them at room temperature, but during summer I would store them in the fridge.