By Chef: Nikki Stokes
Posted: April 3, 2014
A truly nutritious and super quick and easy chocolatey dessert by Nikki Stokes of Eating Vibrantly combining several amazing superfoods: raw hemp seeds and raw cacao powder. Rich in antioxidants, omegas, healthy fats and it’s completely refined sugar free to boot! You’ll find only dates used in this recipe as a sweetener. Wholesome and delicious. Enjoy!
- ⅔ cup (160g or 10-12 med) medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup (125g) water
- ⅔ cup (125g) ice
- 1 cup (160g) hemp seeds
- ⅛ cup (12g or 6tsp) cacao powder
- pinch vanilla bean powder
- fresh berries (optional)
1) Add the dates, water and ice to the blender and blend into a rough paste.
2) Add the hemp seeds, cacao powder and vanilla bean powder.
3) Blend until smooth and creamy.
4) Serve with fresh blueberries, strawberries or raspberries.