By Chef: Lisa Viger
Posted: March 23, 2017
Whether you bookmark this recipe for a hot summer day, or make it now even though we’re not quite there yet, this recipe is guaranteed to satisfy a chocolate ice cream or fudgesicle craving in a totally healthy way. A great recipe for kids too!
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- pinch salt
- few drops of stevia, if more sweetness is desired
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup finely ground coconut sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Place all fudgesicle ingredients into blender and puree until very smooth. Add more almond milk or water if needed to facilitate blending.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for several hours until fully frozen.
- Prepare the chocolate shell coating: Place all the chocolate shell coating ingredients into a small bowl and stir well until smooth.
- Remove the fidgesicles from the freezer and pop them out of their molds.
- Dip the fudgescicles into the hard chocolate shell, or drizzle it over them to coat. Just heating the coconut oil up enough to melt it and not any warmer will yield the best results. If needed, gently remelt the chocolate hard shell.
- Add a sprinkle of chopped pistachios or other chopped nut, if desired. Cacao nibs also work well.
- Any leftovers can be wrapped and stored in the freezer for a week or so.