By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: June 16, 2015
Chocolate, or cacao, always makes a recipe turn out well, and you can pair it with almost everything.. The cupcakes are practically just regular raw brownies. The frosting is a rich chocolate ‘butter’cream. The only sweetener used in this recipe is dates, yet they feel and taste just as naughty as “regular” unhealthy cupcakes. But good news! This is definitely raw and delicious!
Chocolate ‘Butter’ Cream
- 4 tbsp raw cashew butter
- 10 soft, pitted dates
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 5 tbsp water (more or less depending on how much is needed to make a thick, creamy mixture)
- 2 cups almonds, 20 pitted dates (or 12-15 medjool dates), 2 tbsp cacao powder
- Place almonds in a food processor and process until you get a fine powder.
- Add cacao powder and pulse a few more times, before adding in the dates.
- Process everything until it sticks well together.
- Shape the dough into balls and press them out in cupcake tins. Set aside.
- For the cream, simply process all ingredients together until you get a thick and delicious mixture, adding as much water as you see fit.
- Spread on top of the cupcakes using a spoon or a piping bag.
- Decorate with flowers, berries or whatever else you want to.
- The cupcakes taste best when stored in the refrigerator overnight and eaten the next day.