By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: October 4, 2013
Delightfully simple raw chocolate chunk cookies made with a base of gluten free coconut flour and almonds by Erin Bosdet of Simply Dish! This recipe calls for a raw chocolate bar to break into pieces for the chocolate chunks. Use your favorite! We recommend Rawmio’s chocolate barks or RawGuru’s stone ground Bali-coconut sugar sweetened cacao paste. Chocolate chip cookies are that classic sweet treat and with this raw recipe you can enjoy them guilt-free!
- 1/2c of almonds
- 1/2c of coconut flour
- 1/4c of coconut oil
- 1tbsp of coconut nectar
- 1/2tsp of vanilla powder (or pure extract, but the powder is awesome!)
- 1 dark chocolate bar (any flavor)
1) Place the almonds into your food processor and process until crumb like. Should take about thirty seconds.
2) Add in the remainder of the ingredients and process until combined.
3) Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and add in a good handful of chocolate chunks..how many you add in is totally up to you.
4) Roll the dough into small balls and then flatten them with your hands…you should get twelve of them.
5) Place your cookies in the fridge or the freezer, just until they’ve firmed up…the fridge is where you’ll want to keep them.