By Chef: Lily Kunin
Posted: February 4, 2016
The easiest and most healthful way to satisfy a craving for cookie dough. Simply blitz these 6 (+salt) wholesome ingredients in your food processor, roll in shredded coconut, and you’re good to go! This is a great fuss-free party pleaser as well if you are getting together with friends this weekend and want a healthy sweet treat to share. Enjoy!
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
- Line a plate with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Combine the cashews, oats, coconut flakes, and salt in a food processor or Vitamix. Pulse until a fine meal forms.
- Add the soaked dates (make sure they are pitted!), 3 tablespoons of the water the dates have been soaked in, and the vanilla extract. Pulse again until the mixture becomes a dough like consistency.
- Remove the dough and place it in a small bowl. Gently fold in the chocolate chips until they are incorporated into the dough mixture.
- Use two spoons to portion out the dough into twelve balls. With clean hands, roll into balls.
- Then, on a piece of parchment paper, roll into more coconut flakes as a topping. Once rolled in coconut, roll them again with your hands so that coconut sticks to the dough. Enjoy immediately, or store in the freezer for later!