By Chef: Ella Leché
Posted: May 4, 2017
An amazingly delicious no-bake dessert that is super healthy and easy to make. Raw Chocolate Avocado Mousse Tarts…healthy never tasted this good!
Yield: 10 tarts
Ingredients for base
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts (or a mix of both)
- 8 large Medjool dates,
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- pinch of himalayan pink salt or sea salt
Ingredients for Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 4 ripe avocados
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- up to 1/2 cup maple syrup
- raw cacao nibs and coconut flakes (sulphite-free)
To make the crust
- In a food processor, pulse all the nuts, until a fine grind.
- Add in the dates, cacao powder and salt and continue mixing until crumbs form.
- Add one tablespoon of water at a time and continue mixing until the mixture starts to stick.
- Turn off mixer, and scoop out the mixture into a bowl.
- Press into silicone cupcake moulds (or oil a muffin pan with a bit of liquid oil (grape seed is best) and press into the bottoms of each well. Place the moulds/ pan into the freezer for about 1 hour minimum to set.
- Wipe the food processor with paper towel so it’s ready for the filling ingredients.
To make the Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Slice the avocados lengthwise, remove the pits and using a spoon scoop out the avocado meat and place into the food processor.
- Add in raw cacao powder, vanilla extract and maple syrup and mix to until smooth.