By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: September 30, 2014
If you’re experiencing a mid-afternoon energy slump this protein-rich milkshake will definitely give you a second wind. Frozen bananas, creamy almond milk and organic ground espresso beans blend with raw cashews, ice cubes, a date to sweeten and pea protein for a seriously potent effect for both your taste buds AND your energy levels. Power up!
- 2 bananas, peeled, chopped, and frozen
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons ground espresso beans (or instant espresso)
- 1 pitted date
- 1/4 cup (about 1.5 oz.) raw cashews
- 1 serving (2 scoops) NuZest USA protein (preferably in the cappuccino flavor, but chocolate and vanilla will be great, too)
- 4 ice cubes
- Optional: 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa or raw cacao powder (if you’re hankering for a mocha)
Blend all of the ingredients in a blender, adding more almond milk if needed (you can adjust based upon how thick you’d like the shake to be).