By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: December 17, 2014
This is what happens when you have a go-to raw brownie recipe that leaves little to be improved upon, but still want to mix it up a bit. Raw Cacao Bliss Balls made 3 ways: chili, peppermint, and liquorice – perfect for the Holidays!
- 1 cup/ 2dl almonds Almonds (You can also use cashews or walnuts)
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
Flavours (add in one of the following)
- 1/8 tsp chili
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp raw liquorice powder
- Raw cacao powder, chopped almonds, shredded coconut, or anything else you would like to roll your brownies in.
- Process almonds in you food processor until almond flour. Add in raw cacao powder, salt and your flavour of choice. Pulse for a few seconds and then throw in the dates. Process until everything sticks together.
- Shape into balls with your hands and roll in cacao powder (or in whatever else you would like). Store the brownies in the refrigerator.