By Chef: Natalia Vanthienen
Posted: April 6, 2016
Crunchy, a little bit sweet, chocolatey and peanut-buttery. Basically a little taste of heaven. Sprouted buckwheat is a great grain-free, gluten-free alternative to oats or rice crisps, and it’s rich with enzymes, protein and bioflavonoids. Perfect for a midday snack or even breakfast on the fly. Kids will love this recipe too. Enjoy!
Yield: 1, 8″ x 12″ pan
- 10-12 dates
- 3-4 Tbs raw peanut butter (-/+ 80 gr), or almond butter
- 3-4 Tbs organic tahini ( -/+ 80gr)
- 1/2 cup water (140 gr or less, depending on how wet your dates are)
- 50 gr cacao butter/coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups raw sprouted buckwheat groats
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 80gr raw dark chocolate, melted
- 2-3 Tbs hemp seeds
- Mix the dates, the water, the peanut butter, the tahini and the melted cacao butter using a blender until you get a cream.
- Pour it into a bowl and add the walnuts, the buckwheat and the chia seeds. Mix well!
- Transfer the mixture to lined pan then use a rubber spatula or damp finger tips to firmly press the mixture into the pan.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the mixture and drizzle the hemp seeds over.
- Put it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Cut it in bars and enjoy it!