By Chef: Clemence Moulaert
Posted: August 26, 2015
Raw + vegan + super-duper-easy. If you could package these babies up with that tagline and sell ’em like hotcakes you’d make a fortune! Seriously, these are SO GOOD.
For the Truffles
- 240g (2 cups) dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- 60g (1/2 cup) mixed cashews and walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (solid)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- First, make the raw chocolate ganache. Place a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water. Add all the ingredients for the ganache to the bowl and leave to warm up for 1-2 minutes. Stir with a spoon until evenly combined. Set aside to set a little while you get on with the truffles.
- Add the dates and water to a high-speed blender or food processor and blitz till mushy and sticky. Add the remaining ingredients and blitz again until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Decant the raw brownie mixture into a bowl and place in the fridge for twenty minutes to let it set.
- Roll the raw brownie mixture into 15 large truffles, just a bit smaller than a golf ball. Depending on the temperature of your kitchen, the chocolate ganache should now be a little thicker; if not place in the fridge for ten minutes and check the consistency again. If it is ready, dip the truffles into the ganache and set aside on a plate.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to allow to set.
- Keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days (if you can resist them that long). Keep in a freezer bag in the freezer up to a month, defrost at room temp before eating.