By Chef: Amie Sue
Posted: June 18, 2015
Ice milk is light, flavorful and not as cloying as its richer ice cream. The texture is light and icy, sweet but not over the top, loaded with fresh ripe summer fruits and to round it out with a softness of flavor. Truly, a wonderful combination. Enjoy!
Yield: 5 cups
- 27 oz full-fat coconut milk or thick raw coconut cream
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 2 Tbsp sunflower lecithin powder
- 2 cups Raw Blueberry Grape Thyme Jam
- 1 tsp lavender (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Coconut milk / cream – I supplied two options for the coconut milk. If you make raw coconut milk from Young Thai coconuts, use the least amount of water possible. Be sure to blend it until very creamy. If you use canned, use the full fat and chill it overnight prior to using.
- In the blender combine the coconut milk, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract, lavender buds and salt. Blend until creamy.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to ice cream maker’s manufacturer’s instructions.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Use ice cream machine. Follow manufactures directions.
- Freeze in popsicle molds or 3 oz Dixie cups with a popsicle stick inserted.
- Freeze the ice cream in ice-cube trays. Once frozen press through a Champion Juicer, or place in a high-powered blender or process in food processor until creamy.
- Pour ice cream into a freezer safe container and stir occasionally as it freezes.