By Chef: Iselin Støylen
Posted: August 26, 2014
A fine example of how quick, easy, delicious and absolutely GORGEOUS raw desserts can be. An all-raw blueberry cake masterpiece by Iselin Støylen of A Vegetarian Taste that will light up those taste buds, nourish your body, and inspire feelings of serious gratitude and joy. Make sure to allow a few hours for things to set in the fridge, the coconut oil will make the filling firm up into a cheesecake-like consistency. Enjoy!
- 3 cups / 6 dl almonds
- 20 dates
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups / 4 dl cashews (soaked)
- 1 cup / 2 dl fresh blueberries
- 1 cup / 2 dl water
- 5 dates
- 2 tbsp agave or honey
- 3-4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
To make the first layer:
1. Add all of the ingredients to the food processor until everything sticks together.
2. Use your fingers to press the crust out in a cake tin.
For the second layer; the blueberry cream:
1. simply add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until you get a thick, smooth batter.
2. Spread the batter over the crust and let the cake sit in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours. I put mine in the freezer, and then I took it out a couple of hours before I served it.
3. Decorate the cake with fresh blueberries or whatever else you would like.