By Chef: Priscilla Soler
Posted: October 8, 2015
To make this recipe you literally only need a few ingredients. It is rich, creamy and sweet enough to satisfy any of those dessert cravings! It is also free of oils, gluten and…it’s raw!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut or other nut of choice
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked 6-8 hours
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 5 stevia drops
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/4 cup room temperature water
- Prepare your crust by mixing dates, coconut flour and coconut until you have a sticky dough in the food processor. Add 1-2 Tbsp of water if needed to make it sticky.
- Line a square pan with crust mixture. Set aside.
- Blend all the ingredients except blackberries until you have a very smooth and creamy texture. Add water as needed, start with 1/2 cup and add the rest if the mixture is too dense or you find it hard to blend until very smooth.
- Take 1 cup of the mixture and reserve. Add blackberries to the leftover mixture and blend again until you have a very smooth texture and vibrant color.