By Chef: Emma Potts
Posted: May 20, 2014
Mix up your usual raw brownie recipe and try this berrylicious version by Emma Potts of Coconut and Berries. A rich and chocolatey brownie base topped with dense and creamy berry infused cashew cream frosting. Rich in antioxidants and healthy fats and FREE of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar. Let the drooling commence!
- 1T Water
- 1/2t Vanilla extract
- 1/4C Maple syrup OR Agave nectar (I used 2T of each)
- 1/3C Unsweetened apple purée
- 1/3C Raw cacao powder
- 1/3C Coconut flour
- 1/3C Almond flour/blanched ground almonds
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2C Mixed frozen berries, defrosted (You can use fresh if in season)
- 1/4C Cashews, soaked, rinsed and drained
- 1T Maple syrup
- 1t Lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2T Coconut oil, melted
1) Line a small baking tin or container with parchment paper to help you remove the brownies later on (I used a 5 1/2” by 3” container)
2) In a food processor combine water through to apple purée.
3) In a separate bowl stir together the dry ingredients.
4) Add the dry ingredients to the food processor and process again until fully incorporated. You will have a very thick mixture.
5) Spread the mixture into the prepared container and smooth out the top. Refrigerate.
6) For the berry cream, blend the first five ingredients.
7) When smooth add the melted coconut oil and blend again.
8) Pour the berry cream on top of the brownie and refrigerate or freeze for a few hours. Use the parchment paper to remove from the container and cut into pieces.
Store in the fridge or freezer as the topping will melt if left at room temperature.