By Chef: Heather McClees
Posted: September 15, 2016
These bites are naturally sweet, packed with fiber, and they contain vitamins, minerals and even plant-based protein! Featuring healthy fats from coconut and hemp, antioxidants and minerals from raw cacao, and hormone-boosting properties from figs that also provide a vanilla-caramel flavor, these bites are a win-win for any woman who wants a guilt-free healthy treat!
- 1 cup dried Black Mission Figs (sweeter and higher in nutrients than other varieties)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw, shredded coconut
- 2-3 tablespoons cacao powder
- Add the figs and water to the food processor (or a high speed blender).
- Process until you get a nice, thick, dough-like paste.
- Now, add the hemp, coconut, and cacao to the food processor/blender.
- Process again. You may have to scrape down the sides in between and start again if you’re using a blender. Continue this until you get a fine, cookie-dough like paste that you can roll into balls (takes about 1 minute in the Vitamix or a high-quality food processor).
- Stop the machine, and scrape down the sides. Scoop into a bowl, and start rolling the mixture into bite-sized balls with your hands (it will be messy!).
- Place the plate of bites into the fridge for at least 1 hour to set or the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Store in the fridge and enjoy 2-3 when you need a quick snack or carry with you on-the-go in a baggie for a healthy treat!