By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: April 8, 2015
Inspired by Chef Christina Ross’s recipe book “Love Fed”, Chris Anca made this amazing Raw Banana Toffee Pie recipe. The sweet mixture of Medjool dates, coconut cream, coconut nectar, and melted coconut butter will come bursting on your mouth as you take a bite!
- 2/3 cup brazil nut flour
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 2 TBSP either coconut nectar or maple syrup
- pinch vanilla seeds
- 3/4 cups melted cacao butter, 3/4 cups coconut nectar or maple syrup, 1/4 cup lucuma powder, 1 tsp butterscotch extract (I had none so I used 2-3 Medjool dates), handful cashews
filling and cream
- 1.7 cups coconut cream, pinch vanilla seeds, 1 large, firm banana, cut into medium slices
- Add the ingredients for the crust to a food processor and blitz until sticky but still crumbly. Scoop out the mix and press it into a cake pan lined with baking paper.
- Add the ingredients for the caramel to a blender and process until smooth. Scoop out the mix onto the pie crust.
- Top the caramel layer with the banana slices – start in the middle and work your way out.
- Add the coconut cream and vanilla to the blender and blitz until fluffy. You can also whip it up with an electric or hand mixer. Scoop the coconut cream on top of the banana slices and smooth it out.
- Pop the pie in the fridge or freezer to set.
- To serve you can drizzle some raw chocolate or enjoy as is.