By Chef: Kelly Fielding
Posted: April 9, 2015
There is something about the creaminess of the avocado, the sweetness of the mango and the tartness of the lime that just makes this dessert perfect! Great for a warm spring or summer day- its a little like a bite of sunshine.
- 1/3 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup of coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup of soft dates
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 1 medium size ripe mango
- 1 lime- juice and zest
- 1/2 cup of cashews, soaked for 4 hours then strained and rinsed well
- 5 drops of vanilla flavour stevia
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- For the crust- combine the seeds, coconut and dates in a food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together, it should be a sticky dough but still have texture.
- Press the base into 2 small 11cm spring form tins. I love using these small size cake tins, you can use a larger tin or if you want a full size cake, simply double the recipe (both the base and filling- its easy!)
- For the filling- place all the ingredients into your high speed blender and blend until completely smooth. This may take a few minutes. Try placing the mango and liquids in the blender first to assist the blending process! You can add a dash more almond milk if you need a little more liquid but the mixture should be quite thick!
- Pour the filling evenly into the two cake tins and place in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
- Top with passionfruit pulp and enjoy!