By Chef: Kelly Fielding
Posted: June 4, 2015
If you are an apple pie lover this will be destined to become one of your favorite desserts – so easy and so delicious! Sweet and satisfying enough to be enjoyed as a dessert but healthy and filling enough to have as a breakfast. It is also lovely topped with coconut yogurt or cashew cream. Enjoy!
- 3 sweet apples finely sliced (I use a mandolin but you can finely slice with a knife)
- 1 cup of soft dates
- 1 orange roughly chopped
- ½ a large ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- 1 tablespoon of goji berries
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Place the finely sliced apples in a large bowl and set aside.
- In your blender, place the dates, orange, avocado and lemon juice and blend until to get a smooth creamy mixture, you may need to add some water to get it blending but it should be quite thick.
- Stir this mixture through the apples and add all the other remaining ingredients.
- You can place this in a large serving bowl or in individual serving sizes.
- Top with extra goji berries, coconut, almond flakes and raisons.