By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: February 10, 2015
Looking to seriously win someones heart this Valentine’s Day? Here is the trick: raw vegan brownies with layers of chocolate and raspberry cream. Did we mention they’re also refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and grain-free? There is not a single soul who could resist that combination!
- 2/3 cup Almonds
- 2/3 cup pitted, packed dates — chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon melted cacao paste
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw cashew or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Grind the almonds down to flour in a food processor.
- Add the dates, cacao powder, and vanilla. Process until the dates are completely broken down.
- Add the melted cacao paste and process to incorporate. Press the dough into a plastic wrap lined small bread pan (about 3 inches by 4-5 inches). Try doubling the recipe for an 8×8″ pan.
- Blend all but the coconut oil in a high speed blender until smooth. Add the oil and blend to incorporate.
- Pour the cream over the brownies and spread evenly.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. The mixture should be fluid and smooth. If it starts to firm up or get too thick, set it over a bowl of hot water while whisking.
- Sift the cacao powder into a bowl.
- Drizzle over the brownies. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Slice into 8 pieces.
- Grind the goji berries in a coffee grinder. Sprinkle both berries over the brownies.