By Chef: Marlie Centawer
Posted: March 6, 2013
Sugar free Radiant Almond-Coconut Orbs by Marlie Centawer of Barefoot and Frolicking sweetened with only natural stevia. Let yourself experience an active meditation while you create this healthy and delicious recipe, shaping each bite sized morsel into a perfect orb. Embrace the cyclic, circular nature of life and make art out of your food with Marlie’s fantastic recipe!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tsp green stevia powder (or 10-20 drops liquid stevia)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract (optional)
1. Set aside one heaped tablespoon of the shredded, unsweetened coconut in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Add the other ingredients to a food processor sand process until well-combined. Mold the mixture into small orbs, using your hands. Gently place each orb in the shredded coconut until well-integrated on the outside of each orb.
3. Place the orbs on a plate, dust with cinnamon, and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes. Serve as a snack or with your favourite cup of herbal tea (I’m still off the caffeine).