By Chef: Diana Stobo
Posted: December 24, 2010
A festive raw party mix combining a variety of different nuts and seeds in a maple syrupy sweet pumpkin pie seasoned sauce, dehydrated until crisp.
Yield: 8 1/2 cups
- 1 cup Almonds, soaked
- 1 cup Pecans, soaked
- 1 cup Pumpkin seeds, soaked
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup shaved coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, cubed
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
1) Almonds should be soaked for 12 hours, Pecan pumpkin and sunflowe seeds only for 2 hours. (The rest should not be soaked)
2) After soaking, rinse and drain and place in large mixing bowl. Add the un-soaked cashew, coconut, raisins and cranberries and toss.
3) Place Pumpkin, maple syrup, salt and spices in high speed blender and blend until pureed. Pour mixture over nuts and seeds and toss until completely coated.
4) Prepare Dehydrator tray with and teflex sheet laying over mesh grid sheet. Pour mixture onto 2-3 trays and spread evenly. Place in dehydrator for 3-5 hours at 105 degrees.
5) Remove trays and transfer mixture from teflex to grid sheet only and continue to dehydrate for 12-24 hours, until mix is crunchy.
Will keep in airtight container for up to a month.