By Chef: Jackie
Posted: December 17, 2015
Pumpkins, Pecans and Kale, oh my! If this combination of ingredients is coming across as a bit odd, we can assure you, the flavors in this recipe will NOT disappoint. This Pumpkin Pecan Pie Green Smoothie Bowl is deliciously healthy and will do just the trick to hold you over until the real thing hits your table for your holiday feast. Enjoy!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 large handfuls of baby kale
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond milk, unflavored and unsweetened
- ½ cup of ice
- ¼ cup of pecans
- Additional chia seeds, optional
- Banana slices, optional
- Blend all ingredients except pecans, additional chia seeds and banana slices in a blender until smooth and creamy. Transfer smoothie to a bowl and top with pecans, additional chia seeds, and banana slices. Serve and enjoy!
Let your toddler decorate his or her own smoothie bowl!