By Chef: Elise Museles
Posted: December 1, 2014
Smoothies after dark? Yes, it’s a real thing! A little too sweet for breakfast and way healthier than the typical sugar-ladden dessert, enjoy this decadent smoothie in place of ice cream. It’s meant to be eaten with a spoon and served in smaller portions. So give everyone at the table a utensil to dig in or serve it up in mini martini glasses for a more elegant treat. Enjoy!
- 6 ounces almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 large bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter or raw cashew butter for extra creaminess
- 4 pitted dates
- Top with cinnamon and raw cacao nibs (or chocolate shavings)
Mix everything in a high-speed blender, add topping, then enjoy every luxurious bite!