By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: July 30, 2015
A beautiful pistachio cheesecake creation infused with green tea powder, known as matcha, set upon a nutty hunza raisin crust – all topped with a dark chocolate drizzle and more crunchy pistachios. Enter into antioxidant-rich heaven with each creamy bite.
- 2/3 cup Almonds
- 1/3 cup raw pistachios
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup hunza raisins
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/2 — 3 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Few drops stevia, if desired
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Grind the almonds to flour in a food processor.
- Add the pistachios, coconut, and raisins. Process until the raisins are completely broken down.
- Add the water and pulse to combine.
- Press into the bottom of a 7″ spring form pan.
- Blend the water, cashews, pistachios, maple syrup, matcha powder, and vanilla in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil and blend to incorporate. Taste and add a few drops of stevia if desired.
- Pour over the crust and chill in the freezer for 5-6 hours. Transfer to the fridge and chill for 12 hours.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl or jar. Drizzle over the cake. If the mixture starts to thicken too quickly, set it over a bowl of hot water to make it more fluid again.
- Drizzle over the chilled cheesecake and garnish with chopped pistachios.