By Chef: Golubka
Posted: May 6, 2013
This refreshing pineapple gazpacho is perfect for a spring awakening, full of bold sweet and spicy flavours.The most important thing here is to have a very sweet and ripe pineapple and your gazpacho will be delicious. Take care not to overdo on jalapeno.
- 1 large ripe pineapple — peeled, cored and chopped
- about 4 small or 1 large English cucumbers — peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice — preferably freshly made
- about 1/2 jalapeno — seeded and diced (see text)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt — to taste
- 1 green onion — chopped
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a food processor, combine 3 cups of each the pineapple and cucumber together with the pineapple juice, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and green onion, blend until smooth.
2. Add the remaining pineaple and cucumber, cilantro and 1/2 of the olive oil. Pulse a few times to achieve a chunky texture. Adjust seasoning and chill in the refrigerator.
3. Serve garnished with the remaining cilantro and olive oil.