By Chef: Hallie and Reya
Posted: December 14, 2016
Chewy, creamy, a burst of peppermint, just sweet enough, and with a chocolate shell – these raw vegan peppermint logs will exceed all expectations. Now go find your balance and enjoy the holiday season!
Yield: 16 logs
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup softened coconut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 6 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp. melted cacao butter
- 6 Tbsp. maple syrup, room temperature
- Dash of salt
- Slivered almonds for topping
- In your food processor, combine all the coconut log ingredients and process until creamy.
- Spread evenly into a lined 8” loaf pan and place in your freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Once hard, remove the coconut mixture from the freezer and cut into 16 logs. Place the logs onto a lined baking sheet and return to your freezer while you make the chocolate.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until no cacao lumps remain.
- Remove coconut logs from the freezer, dunk each one in the chocolate, sprinkle a small handful of slivered almonds on top, and return to the baking sheet.
- Place the covered logs in your freezer for 1-2 hours or overnight before devouring. 😉 Keep them stored in a container in your freezer for those frozen dessert cravings!