By Chef: Julie Van den Kerchove
Posted: July 28, 2016
Because we all get those milkshake cravings once in a while. This Peaches and Cream Smoothie is destined to become a new favorite, perfect for when you’re in the mood for something creamy and sweet. If you make it with frozen banana, it really tastes like soft serve ice cream!
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened (or other non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and quartered
- 1 large ripe frozen banana, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or 1 large soaked pitted date)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional, for extra protein)
- Pinch of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- Vanilla powder, to taste
- Turmeric powder, to taste (optional, for a yellow color)
- Combine almond milk, peaches, banana, cashews, maple syrup, chia seeds, salt, vanilla and turmeric in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
JULIE’S TIPS & TRICKS: • This Peaches and Cream Smoothie tastes best fresh, for you can prepare it at night and take it with you on the go the next morning too. If you keep it in the refrigerator, it will stay fresh for 2 days. • If you want to have this smoothie first thing in the morning, you can turn it into a satisfying breakfast smoothie by adding your favorite greens, and by replacing the cashews, maple syrup & vanilla powder with a scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder.