By Chef: Christina Ross
Posted: June 21, 2013
This fresh fruit smoothie is the perfect treat to wake up to on a Saturday morning! It’s cheerfully bright, pleasantly sweet and perfectly creamy and takes its inspiration from the eternally sunny Hills of Beverly. You can use store bought almond or coconut milk, or for a totally raw version make your own (links to those recipes included).
- 2 cups fresh papaya (skin peeled)
- 1 banana
- 1tsp vanilla bean
- 2 inch nugget ginger (skin peeled)
- 6 large ice cubes
- 2 cups non dairy milk (I used Almond)
- 3 tbsp non dairy yogurt (I used Coconut)
1. Peel and cut the papaya and ginger
2. Add the liquids to your blender first
3. Next add the ice
4. Then add the remaining ingredients
5. Blend and serve garnished with basil leaf or papaya heart
I recommend adding basil to this recipe start with a few leaves and adjust to your liking. If you are a fan of raw supplements I recommend adding Sun Warrior to the mix using 1 tbsp.