By Chef: Tess Challis
Posted: April 11, 2016
Not every guacamole recipe is created equal. The ingredients seem basic enough, but to elevate your guac from good to great you need just the right ratio of ingredients. Too many additions can also take away from the true star of the show: that perfectly ripe avo you worked hard to find. Say hello to your new favorite guacamole.
- 1 avocado, perfectly ripe (unicorns are real)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: dash of black pepper or cayenne
- Optional: 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- Remove the avocado flesh with a spoon and mash in a bowl with a fork.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and serve. If you have leftovers, refrigerate them in an airtight container for a day or two.