By Chef: Emma Potts
Posted: June 19, 2014
Craving a fresh salad with plenty of delicious flavor? Give this one a try by Emma Potts of Coconut and Berries! Mixed salad greens combine with sliced avocado, segmented oranges, red onion and an absolutely delicious black olive vinaigrette you will turn to time and time again. Enjoy!
- 2-3 C Salad greens (I think rocket/arugula would be good here)
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- 1 Orange,segmented
- 1/4 Red onion, minced
BLACK OLIVE VINAIGRETTE
- 1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Omeg-A-day Oil OR other nut/seed oil OR extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Minced black olives
- Salt & Pepper
- To serve: 1 Tbsp of spiced seeds (optional)
1) Segment the orange into a bowl, reserving juice.
2) Whisk the ingredients for the vinaigrette together, along with the reserved orange juice.
3) Dress the greens with as much of the vinaigrette as desired.
4) Add the other salad ingredients and gently toss to combine.
5) Finish with 1 Tbsp of spiced seeds or plain toasted seeds (optional)