By Chef: Christine Roseberry
Posted: April 28, 2016
Are you grain-free but find yourself missing the experience of sitting down to a hardy bowl of oatmeal? Try this recipe – it’s made from a base of raw apple, dates, seeds, and yummy spices. Blended together in a food processor, together these ingredients really do mimic the texture of oats. Full of fiber, you’ll get the same filling sensation of oatmeal, and plenty of fruity carbs to fuel your morning endeavors.
- 4 sweet apples, cored
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Several medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 thumbprint size of fresh ginger root, peeled
- (Optional) goji berries
- Process above ingredients (except goji berries) in the food processor pulse blending until it becomes a coarse oatmeal like mixture. Be careful not to over process or it will become mushy.
- Scoop mixture into a bowl and top with fresh fruit and goji berries or nuts and seeds of choice. Made with love.