By Chef: Vanessa Vickery
Posted: February 23, 2017
These nut free jaffa bliss balls will take you back to when it was cool to eat Jaffa’s at the movies! These bliss balls are totally a-ok to put in children’s lunchbox as they packed full of healthy ingredients. This recipe features wild orange essential oil which is great for uplifting moods and energy levels due to it’s high limonene content. Enjoy!
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 6 drops Wild Orange essential oil (food grade)
- 1 — 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional — shredded coconut for coating
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into even portions and roll into balls. Then roll the balls in the coconut (if using). Refrigerate until they firm up, approximately 1 hour.
Note: If you don’t have any Wild Orange essential oil on hand, you can use the zest of one orange.