By Chef: Christine Roseberry
Posted: December 29, 2015
These vanilla coconut “doughnut” holes are so incredibly yummy! And the best part is they only have four ingredients, take only ten minutes to prepare and are a NO-BAKE recipe, how easy is that? They’re dairy-free and gluten-free, with no added sugar and they taste like vanilla caramel melting in your mouth! This is the best kind of dessert you could feed your family. Enjoy!
- 2 cups fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight in purified water drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (the key to this recipe is that I used Madagascar vanilla powder and it really makes the difference, if you don’t have it you can use a vanilla bean or pure vanilla extract but it may not be as vanilla flavored with the extract)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (1/2 cup set aside to cover the doughnut holes in)
- Mix all the above ingredients in a food processor and blend until it becomes a coarse crumbly mix. Be careful not to over process.
- Scoop out mix onto a plate and roll into tablespoon size balls. Cover in coconut. Enjoy with a nice glass of coconut milk.