By Chef: Jenné Claiborne
Posted: April 3, 2015
A combination of fig, walnuts, and Maldon sea salt… To take it to the next level of heaven, add chocolate. To really turn this into a crave-it-everyday snack, turn them into bars, drizzle chocolate on top, and finish with fat flakes of salt.
- 2 cup raw walnuts
- 2 cup dried figs, chopped
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt (any large flakes will do)
- Line a small baking dish (mine is 6-cup) with parchment paper.
- Place walnuts, figs, and dates in the food processor and blend until combined. Be careful not to over blend the mixture. You want to maintain some texture, and crunch.
- Press the mixture firmly into the baking dish.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass or metal bowl over boiling water, or in a glass bowl in the microwave.
- While the chocolate is melting, remove the bars from the baking dish, and cut into 12 squares.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the squares.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the bars.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- Break off, and enjoy!