By Chef: Lucie Javorska
Posted: August 23, 2016
Fudgy, rich and filling, these no-bake chocolate almond cookies are a delicious guilt-free snack or breakfast.
- ¾ cup (75 g) ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) almond butter
- 3 tablespoons (60 g) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (5 g) cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) hemp protein (or unflavored vegan protein powder of choice) or more ground almonds
- optional: 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips, raw chocolate chunks, and/or goji berries
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until you get a compact dough. You can also use a food processor, just add the chocolate and goji berries after you’re done mixing the dough.
- Form dough into giant or regular-sized cookies (or balls if you prefer). Add more ground almonds if the dough is too soft. Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also freeze them for up to 2 months.