By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: January 3, 2017
This smoothie has greens, it has citrus, it has apple, it has the winning flavor combo of fresh mint+ginger, it has oats to help make it more filling, and it’s loaded with blood-fortifying iron thanks to spirulina, a superfood blue-green algae. 2017 is looking healthier and more vibrant already!
- 1 cup water
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 mandarin or orange, pitted
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 slice of ginger
- small handful of mint
- 3 small kale leaves
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cups coconut flakes/shreds
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa or buckwheat + 1/3 cup coconut shreds/flakes
- Coconut, frozen berries, nuts and seeds…your choice!
- Add everything to a blender and process until it becomes very smooth.
- Pour half in a jar, add the puffed quinoa and coconut flakes/shreds, then pour the remaining half.
- Add toppings and enjoy fresh!