By Chef: Deborah Marsh
Posted: June 4, 2018
Refreshing, sweet and tart – what else could you ask for on a hot summer day? This is perfect for potluck to share or a snack for yourself!
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 6 Meyer lemons juiced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink crystal salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup organic Grade B maple syrup, or raw agave (raw honey will work too, just use less)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract (non-alcoholic, organic)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender. Process ingredients until well combined and sticky.
- Press into the bottom of a slightly greased spring form, cheesecake pan, or Pyrex pie plate. Or, line with saran wrap.
- Place in the freezer till ready to pour filling.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender. Mix on high until mixture is super smooth thick, and creamy. Taste filling, adjust sweetness as needed.
- Pour filling over crust in pan. Smooth our filling. Cover with saran wrap and place in freezer.
- Freeze for about 2 hours or more, until set. Garnish with raw cacao nibs, or sliced Meyer lemons.
Store leftover pie covered in the freezer. Thaw slightly before serving.