By Chef: Hallie and Reya
Posted: September 24, 2015
Chia pudding is one of the easiest, on-the-go breakfasts for those of you who are always just a little bit late (no offense). With a little pre-planning, you can make a big batch of this the night before and have breakfast planned out for a few days in your week. To dress up this Matcha Hemp Chia Pudding, try layering it parfait-style with sliced banana, frozen blueberries, and almond butter. Get creative, put your own spin on it, layer it up as you head out the door! Breakfast is served (or taken with you, if you’re one of those slightly late people).
- 1½ cups unsweetened hemp milk — raw and homemade is preferred
- 1½ Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Toppings: sliced banana, blueberries, almond butter
- Combine everything except the chia seeds in your blender.
- Pour into a large glass container and stir in chia seeds.
- Place the container in your fridge for 8-10 hours to thicken up, stirring once or twice.
- Once the chia pudding has thickened up nicely and is no longer liquid-y, enjoy as is or create your parfaits!
- Parfait assembly: place a layer of chia pudding at the bottom of a glass, top with sliced banana, some blueberries, and spoonful of almond butter. Place another layer of chia pudding on top and top with more banana, blueberries, and almond butter. Enjoy for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert! Store in your fridge.