By Chef: Hallie and Reya
Posted: September 10, 2015
Some mornings require more than your basic cup of coffee or tea – a little extra boost, a little extra green, a little extra chocolate because, well, why not? This Matcha Chocolate Shake is deceivingly good for you. Both the matcha green tea and raw cacao will provide you with clean, pure energy along with antioxidants, magnesium, fiber, and a smile because they taste so damn good:)
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (fresh is best)
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 2 tsp. Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha powder
- 2-3 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- Blend everything except for the raw cacao powder in your blender until smooth.
- Pour out half and set aside.
- Blend the remaining half with the raw cacao powder. In a jar, layer up your smoothie, alternating between the matcha shake and matcha-chocolate shake.
- Top with nibs, shredded coconut, chia seeds, or your favorite granola!